Why do international assignments fail? What makes employees hesitate before taking on a job abroad? What are today’s trends in global mobility? Mercer Mobility gathered data from 800+ companies worldwide to find out.
With the largest participant base in the market – over 830 multinational companies – the comprehensive and global Worldwide Survey of International Assignment Policies and Practices (WIAPP) survey addresses the most critical policy and practice elements of international assignments and answers prevalent questions in this dynamic field:
- What are the latest trends in global mobility?
- How important are mobility premiums in the current economy?
- Policy segmentation is reported as a trend in the prior survey, but what have companies really implemented?
- Are companies moving toward a free housing policy, and how does that approach impact other assignment benefits?
- What elements of your expatriate program administration should be managed in-house or outsourced? Is centralized or decentralized management of the international assignment program better for a company like yours?
Here are some of the main trends we identified: